Sunday 14 February 2016

Magical White Unicorn Paintings

Unicorns are what Fairy Tales are made of, I love these magical creatures. The Unicorn is often used in heraldry on coats of arms and flags around the world.  Did you know that the unicorn is the symbol of Scotland? The unicorn was chosen because it was seen as a proud and haughty beast which would rather die than be captured. The Scottish and the English Coat of Arms are quite similar, but the Scottish Unicorn is on the Left and the English Unicorn is on the right. You can read more about it here at wikipedia.

White Unicorn on Canvas



This Unicorn that I painted on canvas  is neither haughty nor proud, I'd say that she is more playful and whimsical.













Unicorn painting on wood



This White Unicorn is a little more regal. He has been painted onto wood.
He has a lovely silver mane and a pretty ribbon to hang it up.













Unicorn Painting




Or if you prefer, it can popped onto a stand and displayed on a shelf.

















White & Silver Unicorn Plaque

I'm joining in with Handmade Monday over at Lucy's Linky Party

Wishing you all a magical week


Jan x

6 comments:

  1. The unicorn is my favourite emoji, I send one to my daughter with every message, so I'm loving your very elegant versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love unicorn's as you said magical and mystical. Love the silver mane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unicorns, your one with the silver mane is just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unicorns are rather special. I didn't know they were linked to Scotland. Lovely paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white unicorn is wonderful! Does it have a little glitter in it? I'm sure a child especially would love a glittery unicorn decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely unicorns, I think the first one is my favourite and is definitely playful looking.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)