Sunday 8 July 2012

Welcome Plaques & Toadstools

Hello to all my regular followers and welcome to my new followers. I hope you are all well?
One of my favourite Plaques, which happens to be one of the first Plaques I made as Handcrafted by Picto was a 'Welcome to our Home' Plaque.

'Welcome to our Home' Plaque

Recently I had an order for a similar plaque. As usual I sketched three designs for the client to choose from but as I liked them all and me being me I decided to paint all three and the two she didn't choose would be kept as stock for my fairs.

Toadstools & Daisies

Toadstool House with a Red Door

Toadstool House with a Blue Door

Toadstools crop up lots in my paintings, plaques and fairy doors, you might recognise these toadstools from the first picture.

Logo

I've used it as an avatar for The Crafts Forum and for  My Folksy Shop. I've also used it as part of the Cover Photo on my Facebook Page as well as on my business cards, notelets and even my PayPal invoices.


Do you have an image or design that you like to use over and over again or do you have a recognisable logo that you use in your work?

This post is linked to Handmade Harbours Linky Party, please pop over and say hello.

Jan x



17 comments:

  1. I love the toadstalls - I have been recently making similar ones, but from sugarpaste (for my cupcakes !).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toadstools are a really great emblem for your logo. The plaques are lovely, especially the ones with the toadstools that have windows and a chimney. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love toadstools,not sure why but something magical about them. Yes I use my roses as my logo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the toadstools it so reminds me of when I was little and the world was full of wonder and possibilities... Great idea for your logo, instant recognition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd find it very hard to choose between those three plaques, they're all lovely.
    I use a mermaid in a fishbowl or a mermaid and chips with fish related newspaper as my main branding, but I've also started to brand up some of my ranges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous plaques! they are all so friendly and welcoming :)

    i love your toadstool logo and it is the perfect symbol for your work.

    I tend to use a heart as my avatar for social media and a heart balloon for Free Spirit Designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd find it hard to choose between those three! Your toadstools are lovely and there's something a little bit magical about them. My campervan has kind of been adopted as an avatar/logo, almost by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad I didn't have to choose between those plaques - I like them all! I also like the toadstalls as you branding - it is very recognisable as you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The plaques are lovely. I especially like the toadstool house one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did she manage to make a decision all the plaques are so lovely?
    I like your business card design, really pretty. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely your spotty toadstools. With me it's Sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely plaques. I love the one with the blue border and ribbon. I use my business's initials for my logo but I've only used it in my business cards so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the plaques.There's something about these bright red toadstools I really really like!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still waiting for a 'That's the one' moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have some toadstool stuff on my dresser. They are so nice and bright. I like how you have made them into tags etc. good idea. I almost wish I could go and live in one :0D I use a little photo of my monkeys as a tag when I send them out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful as always. My favourite pink teddy is my logo, looks great on everything. Your toadstools look great on everything too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)